show / hide sidebar
R21D series it's a 125Khz RFID smart card reader with a standard serial port, reader distance up to 80mm, it’s not only simple aspect, but also stable and reliable data. Widely used for RFID Radio Frequency Identification system and project, Such as Automated parking management system, Personal identification, Access controller, Production Access control, etc
â ?Technical Parameters
|Support cards||Em4100,TK4100,SMC4001 and compatible card|
|Output format||10 digit dec(Defoult output format)
(Allow user to customize the output format)
|Power Supply||DC 5V|
|Operating Distance||0mm-100mm(related to the card & the environment)|
|Service Temperature||-10â?~ +70â?/td>|
|Store Temperature||-20â?~ +80â?/td>|
|Material of reader||ABS|
|Operating System||Win XPWin CEWin 7Win 10LIUNXVistaAndroid|
|Indicators||Double Color LED (Red & Green) and Buzzer
(“Red” means standby, “Green” means reader success)
?/strong> Instructions for use
Method of installation and use
1. Connect with computer through a serial cable directly. When the buzzer sounded, reader into the self-inspection. And the same time, LED turn into red means standby.
2. Open the output of computer software,such as Serial debugging assistant.
3. Put tag on the top of reader, the software will output a data(card number) of the tag. When reading the tag, LED light change from red to green.
Detecting device is connected
Open the Device Manager of computer, If appears Device and “COM” port is OK that means Reader has successfully into computer.
9600 bps, none parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit
The following table describes the packet fields
|STX||1||0x02, the starting of a data packet.|
|Length||1||Length of the data bytes in the packet (except STX).|
|CardType||1||0x01: Mifa**; 0x02: EM4100|
|SNR [0..N]||5||SNR:batch number, SNR[1..4]:serial numbers|
|BCC||1||BCC = Length xor CardType xor SNR[0..N]|
|STX||1||0x03, the ending of a data packet.|
Example: 02 0A 02 06 00 8E 6D 5D B0 03
Length: 0A, 9 bytes
CardType: 02, EM
SNR: 06 00 8E 6D 5D, 06 = batch number, 00 8E 6D 5D = 0009334109 (DEC)
BCC: B0, B0 = 0A xor 02 xor 06 xor 00 xor 8E xor 6D xor 5D
â ?/strong> Precautions
1. Do not install the reader on the magnetic objects and metal objects, they will seriously affect the RF signal.
2. If after reading, the tag is still in the induction zone, the RF reader will not send data and without any hints.
â ?/strong> Common problems
1. Operation without feedback: Please check whether the interface plugged in, whether the tag is a valid or whether another RF tag is within the reading range.
2. Data error: Please check Whether the mouse is moved, whether the reader is in a critical state and whether the cable length is too long.